One of the most important criteria for the delivery of veterinary medical care from veterinarians and staff members at Salt River Veterinary Specialists is an understanding of our patient care practice principals. Please be aware of the following practice policies as a client of Salt River Veterinary Specialists to navigate your pet’s care in collaboration with us:
- Patient health outcomes are impacted by adherence to the care plan prescribed by our doctors. Compliance with medications, diet, monitoring lab work, and recommended follow-up appointments is an essential part of your pet’s care.
- It is imperative that there is mutual trust and respect between doctors, staff, and clients. Please maintain a respectful demeanor when communicating your needs and concerns to our staff. Disrespectful and inappropriate temperament will not be tolerated and will be grounds for dismissal from our practice.
- Our doctors dedicate their daily schedules to in-office appointments. Therefore, they may be unable to answer or return phone calls the same day. Our support staff works diligently with our doctors to address patient concerns as swiftly as possible but please understand same-day answers may not be possible due to emergent patients.
- Our doctors are unable to review follow-up lab work performed by an outside veterinarian after your initial consultation. We value the expertise of our colleagues and defer to their recommendations if they have ordered lab work for your pet. Recheck appointments are available for additional follow-up questions or concerns regarding lab work performed by an outside veterinarian.
- Please notify our hospital at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment should you need to cancel your visit. If an appointment is cancelled without notice, a non-refundable deposit of the exam fee will be required before scheduling future appointments.
- Salt River Veterinary Specialists is a specialty referral hospital, not an emergency clinic. We are not always able to arrange same-day urgent appointments once we reach capacity. Our doctor may need to refer your pet to an emergency clinic for urgent or emergency care when providing updates by phone regarding your pet’s status.
- Payment in full is due at the time services are rendered. Should your pet need hospitalization, a prepayment will be required (payments may be made by cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, CareCredit, or Scratchpay).
Please be aware of Salt River Veterinary Specialists practice policies as a client of Salt River Veterinary Specialists to navigate your pet’s care in collaboration with us.