ALE AGUIRRE DVM, DACVIM
- Biology and Anthropology, Standford University
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University
- Small Animal Rotating Internship, University of Missouri
- Small Animal Internal Medicine Residency, Cornell University
- Sabbatical, Mayo Clinic
- Sabbatical, Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (DACVIM)
- Editor and Contributor, Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses
- Contributor, Diseases of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary System, Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Seventh & Eighth Editions
- Chronic Liver Disease, Clinicians Brief
- Gallbladder disease in Shetland Sheepdogs, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
Ale Aguirre DVM, DACVIM is an Internal Medicine Specialist and the owner of Salt River Veterinary Specialists. Dr. Aguirre spent many years practicing internal medicine in Phoenix before setting out to open his own practice. Dr. Aguirre enjoys all aspects of internal medicine but has a special interest in minimally invasive procedures. Over the course of the past 10 years, Dr. Aguirre has participated in the research and development of veterinary specific medical devices that have aided in the treatment of tracheal collapse, kidney stones, and a variety of gallbladder disorders in dogs and cats. In addition, Dr. Aguirre completed a sabbatical at Mayo Clinic in interventional endoscopy and endourology. Combining this experience, along with years of research and development, Dr. Aguirre is currently pioneering new endoscopic procedures and equipment for the treatment of urinary and gallbladder diseases in dogs and cats.
Dr. Aguirre specializes in interventional procedures that include removal of bladder and kidney stones, treatment of urinary incontinence, and correction of tracheal collapse. Dr. Aguirre performs minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures including liver, intestinal, and pancreatic biopsies, as well as, spays and neuters.
When not practicing, Dr. Aguirre can be found on the sidelines of soccer, basketball, hockey, and tennis cheering on his two young sons.
KRISTEN PARKER DVM, MSVc, Practice Limited to Small Animal Internal Medicine
- Bachelors, Jacksonville University
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
- Small Animal Internal Medicine Residency, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
Dr. Parker is a graduate of the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine. She spent several years in general practice where her fascination for medicine flourished, leading her to pursue an advanced training residency in the field of Small Animal Internal Medicine. After completing her residency, she combined her love of animals and adventure, by traveling to Australia to work as an Internal Medicine Veterinarian, where she broadened her base of knowledge and experience. Dr. Parker is enthusiastic about all aspects of veterinary medicine, but particularly enjoys the challenges of immune-mediated disease, oncology, cardiology, feline medicine, and ultrasonography.
When she is not practicing, Dr. Parker enjoys spending time with friends and her Rottweiler, Bomber.
RORY LUBOLD DVM
- California Polytechnic State University
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine, Western University of Health Sciences College of Veterinary Medicine
Small Animal Rotating Internship, Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson
Hemodialysis Academy, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
Dr. Lubold graduated from Western University Health Sciences and pursued advanced training at the Veterinary Specialty of Tucson. While at the Veterinary Specialty Center, Dr. Lubold developed an interest in clinical nutrition as it applies to the treatment of medical conditions and recovery from acute trauma. Dr. Lubold has practiced as a clinician in triage and specialty centers across the country, as well as having started and served as Medical Director at several specialty centers. It is with this background that he gained vast experience in treating all different kinds of conditions with unique patients that have different physiological needs. Dr. Lubold currently resides in Scottsdale, Arizona with his wife, 4 dogs, and 2 cats. Dr. Lubold’s role at Salt River Veterinary Specialists will be to facilitate critical patient appointments, in a joint effort with Dr. Aguirre, allowing us to better expedite urgent patient workups.